Beiträge von kelyan_ps

Renault have a limited API...

From what I understood of my discussions with Renault, the team that develops the myRenault app went faster than the team working on the car tcu. Therefore the car is not ready yet to handle changing the charging limit remotely.... Hope it'll be added in the future !

@body, my problem about the server isn't really about this. It's more regarding the GDPR... Scherbee talked about Tronity, they store and process a lot and a lot of data (you can even write where you charged, how much it costed..) but tronity is a commercial company willing to make money. They have legal requirements. It is not my case so additional personnal data processing is not on the roadmap yet

The android app is definitely weaker than the iOS app, I need to make a full rework of it but I still need some training on this technology, as I never used or developed on an android phone of my life.

I see what you mean

Having this kind of behavior would require additional and external server handling (odometer history is neither stored on the car neither given in a charge. An external server would be required to listen for charge launch, and store the current odometer). I don't think it would be a nice idea regarding personal data and so..

Concerning the android version I wasn't aware of the charges crash, I'll have a look at it. However I know that the widget is hardly working... I'll try to deploy a fix

Hello everyone,

App developper here. A member of the forum brought me here.

The app is indeed absolutely not an official Renault app. Just an app I started in 2021 on my spare time after I bought my 1st Renault Zoé.

I'll try to answer some of the questions I found on the forum.

The charging power displayed is just an approximation, because the car doesn't send it... It's a model based on the remaining charging time AND the remaining energy to charge. To do so, I need to know the charging limit because it is not sent by the car neither... All of this is explained in notes and in the app guide, but I know everything is still in French. The app spread abroad too quickly !

I didn't translated long texts yet, and most of the app has been translated in German by a member of the forum. Thanks for it. However a previous German person had started translation on crowdin and somehow overwrote some texts... sorry about that. If you spot any mistake don't hesitate to tell me.

Regarding Android, there's actually an android version (though less stable) but there's no public beta system such as TestFlight. I need to manually add the testers with their play store account email adresses. If you're willing to try the app you can send me in private your email and I'd be happy to add you as testers.

If you have any question or suggestions, I'd be happy to answer.

Thank for the support